Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, Arizona State University
OverviewExplore and practice the basic techniques of digital multimedia programming, specifically:
- manipulating digital images
- digital audio and computer music
- interacting with microcontrollers and sensors
- digital video
Take this opportunity to explore your creative side!
- Processing by Casey Reas and Ben Fry : required
- Introduction to Computing and Programming with Java: A Multimedia Approach by Guzdial and Ericson : optional
The second book can be used as a reference for the algorithms/techniques covered (and beyond), and contains many Java code examples.